Why Interactive Metronome®?
- People of all ages have turned to IM to help them overcome a wide range of impairments. Whether you are looking to help your child do better in school or improve your mother’s recovery from an injury, IM can help. This brain fitness program can even help those just looking to get an edge in academics, the workplace, or athletics.
What is IM?
- Interactive Metronome® (IM) is an evidence-based assessment and training tool that measures & improves Neurotiming, or the synchronization of neural impulses within key brain networks for cognitive, communicative, sensory & motor performance. As the individual activates a trigger in time with a steady auditory beat, IM technology provides real-time auditory and visual feedback for millisecond timing. Knowing whether he is hitting before, after, or exactly in sync with the beat to the millisecond allows the individual to make immediate, online corrections to improve timing & rhythm over the course of training.
- Peer reviewed studies repeatedly confirm the importance of timing & rhythm for human performance. According to IM research, improving Neurotiming may result in better function in the following areas:
- Processing Speed
- Working Memory
- Executive Functions
- Expressive & Receptive Language
- Reading Comprehension, Rate & Fluency
- Upper Extremity Function (Parkinson’s, hemiplegia, CP, hand function)
- Motor Coordination
- Athletic Performance (golf, soccer)